Tuesday 22 May 2018

That Awkward Moment When You Forget You're A Seamstress

For over a year...

Forget is perhaps too cruel a word. I have told many MANY people that I am a sewist, but with starting a new job, moving to a new city, moving house, moving house again, passing my driving test, getting a car, and learning how to drive again because that new city was LEEDS, it's been hard to find the time to sew.

(Helpful hint: if you're a teacher who's too busy to sew, set up a school sewing club. You get a budget and an hour a week to sew with kids.)

But then, the GREAT BRITISH SEWING BEE was reinstated! And applications opened! And this girl started applying! And fell in love with sewing again! And using exclamation marks too much!

AND! This girl also got gifted a new sewing machine for Christmas! (I drunkenly called it Craig Charles, don't ask).

So it's on, I'm dedicated again, I am a sewist. Last weekend I finished two creations and I wore one to work today. The kids couldn't believe I handmade it, until I showed them my custom made label that I'd put in the back.



So yes, Sew Well Travelled is back, and this time I really mean it (until GBSB rejects me).


No comments:

Post a Comment